Ozone therapy is a procedure that consists of the introduction of certain amount of ozone into the body via various methods, usually involving its mixture with various gases and liquids before injection, with potential routes including the vagina, rectum, intramuscular (in a muscle), subcutaneously (under the skin), or intravenously (directly into veins). Ozone can also be introduced via autohemotherapy, in which blood is drawn from the patient, exposed to ozone and re-injected into the patient. Ozone can kill bacteria, fungi and viruses in inflamed tissues and infected lesion thanks to its strong oxidizing property. Moreover, harmful blood lipids, cholesterol, triglyceride, low density lipoprotein, metabolic waste, toxic substance secreted by virus and bacteria can also be inactivated or oxidized by ozone. Ozone therapy has been widely used as an alternative treatment for tumor, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, gout, diabetic foot, to which ozone therapy has delivered good curative effects.
Rationale of Ozone Therapy
1. Removal: to increase the phagocytosis of neutrophil and monocyte, improve the ability to remove metabolic wastes; remove bacteria, viruses and fungi and toxins from blood.
2. Activation: to activate lymphocyte, activate functional molecules, activate antioxidant enzyme system, improve immune cell’s and molecule’s activity and function.
3. Improvement: to change blood viscosity and improve oxygen supply, improve blood rheology, improve blood microcirculation, improve blood vessel wall cell metabolism and soften blood vessels.
Mechanism of Ozone Therapy
1. Ozone can kill virus, bacteria, parasite and high metabolic cancer cell thanks to its strong oxidizing property.
2. Ozone therapy could improve the oxygen content of blood and tissue, change the intratumoral microenvironment, promote cancer cells at G0 stage staying at high metabolic state, which could increase the sensitivity of cancer cells to chemotherapy and radiotherapy;
3. Ozone therapy could induce antioxidant enzymes in vivo to oxidize toxins and wastes, improve the body immunity, and improve the body's anti-tumor immune function;
4. Ozone therapy could improve the oxygen supply of liver and kidney and other vital organs, improve the side effect tolerance of chemotherapy to liver and kidney, promote the metabolism and excretion of chemotherapy drugs, and reduce the side effects of chemotherapy.
Ozone therapy, one of adjuvant cancer treatments, is safe, non-toxic and painless, which could be used for most cancer patients and for treating brain stroke, cerebral thrombosis, diabetes, gout and other chronic diseases as well. It could be especially used for 1. Those patients who are weak with low immunity; 2. Increasing the sensitivity during radiotherapy and chemotherapy when tumor is resistant to chemotherapy and radiotherapy; 3. Those patients who have acute and subacute bacterial and viral infection.
Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G-6PD); pregnancy; hyperthyroidism; thrombocytopenia; severe cardiopulmonary insufficiency; Patient older than 80 years old and younger than 20 years old; patients who have high-sensitive habitus and have clinically received kinases drugs recently.